GaitaMaker | BagpipesResearching, Designing & Producing solutions for Bagpipes around the world
We are interested in solving common issues that the piper usually faces when interpreting bagpipes.
At GaitaMaker we are devoted to the research of seamless design innovations. These solutions should be as universal as possible, adaptable to most bagpipes in the world.
Our project fosters the involvement of other professionals, institutions and business to produce affordable high-quality musical instruments and accessories.
Creating seemless, innovative, and affordable design solution
Researching, Designing & Making Bagpipes and accessories
- Solve universal problems of world bagpipes
- Develop seamless design solutions for existing traditional bagpipes
- Produce affordable high-quality musical instruments
- Answer the playing needs of the professional touring musician and the student piper
- Support scientific research on innovative designs, materials and productions techniques
- Promote the development of piping teaching methods and initiatives
We were invited by Terry Costa and MiratecArts to once again collaborate on a cultural event on Pico Island. This time it was the awesome Montanha Pico Festival. Montanha is an off-season opportunity to enjoy the highest Portuguese point - Mount Pico, 2351m -...
In 1997, I began a painful journey of self-teaching. Impulsively, I just entered a music store and purchase a “Gaita”. This bagpipe has never worked properly, making my learning very difficult. I was forced to buy another instrument soon after - I ordered it directly...
We were at Lorient this year, and tell you all about it! https://youtu.be/LWlDNnvPu5o
Our research, design & product development
is currently based in Helsinki – FINLAND
We travel frequently across Europe on fieldwork and research
So if you wish to visit us or set an appointment, please contact well in advance.
Tel. | Ph.: (+358) 45 251 87 27
Karvaamokuja 4, 2.6
For more information please call or send us an email.